2.18.2008

Our little songbird



Saturday was a service oriented day for us. I had a girl's camp clinic in the morning and we took our trailer over to the Roger's for their family to use in the afternoon. Allen also helped Ben put in a new toilet. FUN!

We got back late and LaNell was nice enough to let us go outside and do a little bit in the barn. Lexi played outside and loved it! She's learning how to climb and made her way onto the flatbed trailer quite easily. She's mastered getting up on the couch by herself too. I knew the day was coming, but had hoped it would be later. I'm sure she'll be doing backflips out of her crib soon, too. I dread putting her into a bed! There are two reasons 1) I like sleep and I'm sure she'll be up and down and up and down and up and down for a while and 2) It really freaks me out to think of her staring at me while I sleep! I know she'll come in and stand like 3 inches from my face and then say,"Momma" and I'll wake up to this face in my face and I don't like the thought of it. Little weirdo! I know all kids do it, but it still creeps me out.

We went to church on Sunday. This shouldn't sound like something out of the ordinary, but with Lexi's cough, my injury, Allen's cold, etc, etc, we haven't been as a total family for a while. Anyhow, part way through Sacrament meeting, she opens the hymn book and says, "Laaaa, laaaa, laaaaaaaaa!" I guess that's her way of singing. We got a good laugh out of it.

LaNell leaves tomorrow and Nanna Case comes in on Wednesday to visit for a week. I'm sure it will be a blast after all of the help is gone and she looks to me to cater to her every whim! Ha! I'll probably give in just to keep peace a few times, but we run a tight ship around here (yeah, right!). It has been nice to see her with G'ma and to have an extra pair of helpful hands around. Lexi loves it too. She always grows by leaps and bounds when we have people visit. So, if you're looking for a vacation and want some time away, don't come here! But, if you're up for a little chaos, some whining (by Lexi mostly), lots of weeds, smelly dogs, and yard work - we'd love to have you!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.