2.13.2008

Let's do the time warp again!





I really like Fergie's latest "Clumsy". Don't know why, but as I heard it today on the radio, I realized that if Lexi heard this song years from now, she would think of it as an "oldie". Now, my mom was pretty cool about music so I remember her dark blue Toyota Supra (sooo cool at the time) and Duran, Duran, Prince, and Wham! to name a few.

However, she would, once in a while, succumb to the draw of the local station that played the 50's, 60's or 70's. I couldn't stand listenting to the "oldies". As I think about it, she probably didn't think of those songs as old at all.

Allen and I were talking about our new home. It was built in the mid-80's. We both, almost at the same time, said "Well, it's not that old - it was built in '86". Uh, that was 22 years ago! Oh my hell!

And so the tradition carries on: In your mind, you're still at the peak of your life. You're svelt, quick, have a little hop in your step, independent, the world ahead of you. Then, you walk by the windows as you run into the grocery store and say, "I DID NOT look like that when I left the house this morning!" Suddenly, you wake up and you're almost 30. (Stop laughing, those of you who are in your 50's or later and say "You're so young still!")

So, when I can't resist and turn to the "oldies" and hear Fergie, Lexi will just have to deal. And, come to her own conclusions about who her folks really are. Cool, young, hip (or, did I just break my hip?!?) and always on the cusp of coolness.
Note: The pics above were taken in 2002 and 2003. Does anyone else notice that Brent is going to join ZZ top?

1 comment:

Poetry of Life said...

Wow! Have we changed! We actually look happy there?! Who knew! Yes it is very sad that soon we will be 29 and at least for me (in the worst shape of my life.) Never thought it would be so young! We'll get it back. SHEXEY!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.