2.04.2008

Finding humor in life

I was outside this morning moving the horses around and realized that my custom facility is within reach. I had such a feeling of victory. I started thinking about all of the colts I'd take this spring and all of the clients I sent home can come back. How people would say, "Oh, this is great!" Easy to use, safe, has asthetic appeal, etc....

And then I realize the cruel irony. I have everything I need out there, but I can't even use it. I'm still so uncomfortable and is so much pain I couldn't even get a saddle up on a horse, let alone ride one. Let's not forget the whole prompting issue. I could probably move forward with the horses and if really lucky, avoid serous injury. But I really don't want to go down in history as just another Martin Harris.

My heathen feelings are this: Heavenly Father is enyoing his own private stand up comedy show with me as the main act.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To everything there is a time and a season! Postponing the dream to enjoy something NOW is not giving up on the dream! :)

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.