2.08.2008

In loving memory

Today was pretty awful for Marti. She has been here helping me since the accident. She has been silently been working her tail to help us out and was awesome with Lexi!

She made it home safe and sound, but late this afternoon was informed that her Bitty Cat had been shot. The neighbors reported seeing a car approach, stop, and shoot him dead.

Bitty was a pretty cool cat. Now, I know there are several of you who read my blog who can't stand a cat. Some of you may have even joked about killing cats. Let me tell you that it's not normal to hunt down an animal minding its own business and kill it for fun. It's just plain senseless and cruel. Marti is totally devastated.

We will sincerely miss Bitty. We love you Marti.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Marti! Mean and senseless! Just because MY choice of pet is not a cat, I do respect the right of others to have one! Sad... especially to "come home to"!

Anonymous said...

I read your blog on sick lexi and believe me it absolutely does not get any easier to not suffer for your child - regardless of their age. While I am not a cat "fan", bitty was a welcome tenant on our little ranch - Bitty Big Paws left his imprint on all of us expecially Geoffs yellow lab Justin Case, I am extremely upset that some mindless, heartless idiot would shoot someone else's cat. It is even harder for me to watch my child (Marti) regardless of how old she is(25) try to cope with the broken heart, all the while knowing there is nothing I can do to ease her pain. And even though many people including my parents told me how hard it is to be a parent and that it never really ends, I could not relate and I figured that they just did not have adequate coping skills. Boy was I ever WRONG. I keep asking HF why did this happen to me? Marti? Bitty Big Paws? what did I do wrong? I get no answer, so now I am praying that HF eases her pain. Idaho Mom

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.