2.06.2008

Coasting





Since my accident, I've been laying pretty low. I have to say that Allen and Marti have been awesome. Allen stayed home from work for almost a week. Marti came last Friday and has been going non stop. She is so good with Lexi. She wakes up with her, plays with her, takes her outside and on car rides. She feeds her (not an easy task), does her hair, and dances with her. And, she has maintained a pretty good attitude, even when Lexi is having a meltdown. She doesn't even get mad at me for coming out to tell people what to do and then running back in my room. I envision myself as one of those arcade games where the gopher pops up and you have, like, 2 seconds to hit it on the head with an obscenly large mallet. I am the gopher.

I haven't had any huge spiritual awakenings. I think there are two reasons for this: I got slapped pretty hard last week and God is giving me some time to heal before the next big lesson, and I was on so may pain killers any effort on God's part to get in touch with me would have been useless. I know I've talked to people, but don't have a clue what I said. Right now things are, as I like to say, "Coasting". We're not making any huge efforts to be perfect, we're just trying to be alive and minimize the frustration, sadness, loss, anger, or whatever for a little while.

Marti took some photos of Lexi and I'm posting because she is so dang cute.
Catch ya on the flip side!
p.s. I'm still being rejected by Spell Check so be kind.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucky Aunt Marti! Traci, you're supposed to be laying low...you're forgiven! It's your time to rest and heal and think! :)

Silcox Stories said...

The important thing here is that you are getting better. You will have your spiritual awakenings in due time (they come when you least expect in). Mosiah 4:27. I spoke at New Beginnings last night and thought about you the whole time. We'll have to talk on the phone about it, but just know that I love you!
PS-lucky Marti!

Poetry of Life said...

Who can be spiritual all the time!? God will knock you around some more when he's ready. He always does. He gets your attention whether you want to give it to him or not. Glad you are feeling better!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.