10.09.2008

Night Owls

It's 2 a.m. and she says, "MOOMMMYYYY!"...

As you'll see from the time, it's just about 4 a.m. here in New Mexico. We all know I have serious insomnia - pregnant or not. Last night, I fell asleep at 2:30 a.m. Thankfully, Lexi didn't wake up until 8. I actually fell asleep around midnight tonight. At 1, Lexi was crying so I went to check. She was miserable. Nothing specific, but nothing I could do would comfort her. She wanted to lay on me, but was really uncomfortable with the beach ball that is my gut sticking into her. She was so frustrated, she asked to go back to bed. At this point, I was wide awake. I tried to sleep for about an hour, but it was hopeless. I decided to head to the couch.

It's now 2 a.m. and as soon as I get the pillows and quilt arranged, Lexi starts crying again. She's blubbering about teeth, her stomach and a bad dream. She's really cold, too. I told her I'd get her some Tylenol and milk. She said ok, but was crying pretty hard as I left. Allen got up (so you know she was pretty loud) and thought she felt cold and sick. He offered to take her to the couch and lay with her. She asked for Mickey Mouse and they cuddled. Well, about 10 minutes later, Lexi's full of vim and vinegar and Allen's out like a light. Since I was up and not going to fall asleep, I told him to go back to bed. No sense in both of us staying up in the middle of the night, right? Lexi stayed up until 4, quietly sitting on the couch, and then said she was tired. She played in her crib until 4:30. I fell asleep just after 4:30 out on the couch. I woke up at 8 and went to our bedroom. I fell back asleep until Lexi got up at 9:15.

I really think she was cold. After she got warm with Allen, she felt great and was her happy self. I'm just glad she didn't wake up at 7 and we got to recover a bit from being up in the middle of the night! I sleep best from 5-10 a.m. (you know, when I used to sleep as late as I wanted) so I don't mind being up late (I'm usually up anyway) if I can get a bit back in the early morning. I hope this isn't an indicator that poor Lexi has my night owl tendencies and insomnia...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.