10.26.2008

Boo-hoo

Of course, Halloween falls on a trick-or-treatable day this year. I'm not super thrilled about this year's actual Halloween night and here's why:

1. We finally live in a real neighborhood and our area has a really neat activity. They shut down a couple of streets, put up a few spotlights, and the whole street puts up cool decorations. They have activities and all sorts of cool stuff for the kids.
2. Lexi would probably love to trick-or-treat this year and we live in an awesome place for this.
3. I have to be at church this year for a special Fall Festival on Halloween night. They aren't doing trunk-or-treat; instead, there will be a carnival and each auxiliary is in charge their own booth or booths. So, the YW are in charge of 2 booths for the night. It starts at 6 p.m. so I have to be there at 5:15 to set up. That means our family can't participate in the local stuff unless Allen and Lexi go alone and then come to church later.

Originally, I thought we could do a little trick-or-treating on our own and then head to church. That was before I found out the activity starts at 6 and I don't think we should start trick-or-treating at 4:30 in our neighborhood in order to make it to church by 5:15. I probably shouldn't be bitter, but I was really looking forward to taking Lexi out. I certainly understand the activities committee trying to do something different than trunk-or-treat every year and this will probably be lots of fun for the kids (although I think a lot of people will go out on their own rather then come to church this year). I'm still a little disgruntled about it though.

3 comments:

Poetry of Life said...

We are dealing with the same problem. We really want to trick-or-treat with friends, but our ward is doing trunk or treat to that night at 6. I think we are going to go door to door from 5-6:30 and then head over for the church thing. I'm sorry you'll miss out! You should get a night off once in a while.

twinzmama said...

I had a great idea! Have a couple of the leaders that don't have kids (I know you have some) take care of the church stuff and you go be with Lexi!!! Remember, delegate is a great word!

The Riddle Family said...

I agree with twinzmama...delegate, delegate, delegate! My brothers wife is YW president too and she is in charge of helping with the spook alley. She is going trick or treating with her kids instead and has her two counselors doing everything. I don't know your counselors though so this may be easier said then done.

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.