10.02.2008

Baby Brain

It's official. The baby has eaten my brain. I wish she would eat my back fat instead, but oh well. We should have known. The Raid incident should have tipped us off.

Today was my 28 (but really almost 30) week appointment. I figured they would do the glucose test so I asked Allen to take off from work to meet me at the doctor's at 11:30 to watch Lexi for an hour. This was also to be my first appointment with the midwife and I wanted to be able to take the time needed to have a good appointment. He decided to take the remainder of the day off, too, as Robert's in town and can visit and we have tons to do this weekend anyways. So, we did a bit of planning to make sure today went well.

Allen met us at the office and he and Lexi left to "eat at the Bear" (Panda Express). The receptionist called me back which is not usual procedure. She asked me to sit down and said we needed to reschedule. "Why?" Well, your provider is already at lunch. "Um, you're rescheduling me because she wanted to eat?". Turns out my appointment was at 11:15, not 11:45. To my provider, I was 1/2 an hour late. I was so proud that we had arrived 10 minutes early to check in! Ugh. No one had any openings for over 3 weeks. I am scheduled next Tuesday with the doctor who had an opening just to get the test done and make sure all is ok. I felt so dumb. And, frustrated since Allen had to take time off, too.

When I showed up at the Bear, Allen reminded me that at this point in my pregnancy with Lexi I had wrapped the truck around a cement pole so missing an appointment was an improvement. We'll take what we can get, right?

2 comments:

Poetry of Life said...

I'm sure the office is used to it. Don't worry! You're just a human pregnant woman!

By the way YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!

Unknown said...

Yeah, well, Allen has a point! :) But you're just human with a bonafide excuse (being pregnant)!!!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.