7.21.2009

Apple Quesadilla

I first saw this on Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee. In her version, she uses brie cheese. I'm sure it's to die for. But, I don't keep brie cheese in my fridge unless it's for some fancy-schmancy recipe and I certainly wouldn't waste it on a quesadilla. So, I used jack and cheddar. Still, very yummy.


Apple Quesadilla
  • 2 Flour tortillas (or you may fold one in half for smaller portions)
  • Half to one apple. I use Gala or Fugi. You want something sweet, but not too soft. Not Granny Smith or Red Delicious (who even eats reds anymore?)
  • Grated cheese of your liking. As much or as little as you like. Brie is obviously nice and soft and will melt well. Havarti is an excellent substitute, too. We carry jack and cheddar in my house. So, that's what I used.
  • Place some cheese on the tortilla. Slice apple thinly and put on top of cheese. I do it in a fan patter of sorts. You can add as much or as little apple as you like. Place remaining cheese on top of apple slices. Place second tortilla on top or fold over if using one.
  • Put pat of butter in skillet and heat on medium high.
  • When the butter is melted, put quesadilla in pan. Brown on one side. When you have achieved your desired level of brownness, flip. Brown until cheese melts (you can flip again if it's getting to dark and the cheese hasn't melted, but I try not to over-flip).
  • Let cool for a few minutes (the apples will be just soft enough and HOT so be careful!) and slice in any way you like. I use a cookie cutter for Lexi's to keep it interesting.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

sunnycaday said...

That looks really good! I might even be able to get the kiddies to eat that! I love Semi Homemade. She has some really easy recipes.

Anonymous said...

We tried the Quesadilla...I used the shredded Mexican mix cheese that we have on hand, apples and I spread a little cream cheese on it too. Big hit with Geoff. very refreshing and easy for summer!
Thanks for sharing.
m

Poetry of Life said...

Did she like it? If Lexi will eat it, so will my kids!

Riddlez said...

Lexi loves quesadillas - especially when they are in "special" shapes. I'm sure the kids would love it.

Unknown said...

Mmmmmmmmmm ... thanks for sharing!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.