8.04.2008

Who's that girl?

We had our 21 week ultrasound today. I got there 10 minutes early at 8:50, with an extremely full bladder, waited until 9:10 when I was told I was at the wrong location (even though they had instructed me to go this certain spot). Thankfully, when I got to the OB area they said there was really no reason for a full bladder and I was off the hook. I got back in and we started at 9:30 a.m.

We had to go a location that we don't usually go to so we got a tech we didn't know and he had an intern with him. They made the comment they weren't getting very good images. He explained that the baby was still small (but normal for our age), the machine was not the one he preferred, and that "you know, there's a little extra here" as he pats my stomach and causes the vision blurring fat to ripple around for about 20 seconds. I then asked, "Did you just say I'm too fat for us to be able to see the baby?" He laughed and said no. But, I'm pretty sure that was what he meant. (In my own defense, I've only gained 2 lbs. through the whole pregnancy!)

Fat or no fat, we still got some great pics. Everything looks great. The baby is measuring right on for our due date of December 15, 2008. Super active. I think they chased the baby for most of the exam. We were in there for an hour and a half! The intern was grateful for the chance to do some hands on stuff and they thanked us a bunch for being so patient.



The heels are together, and the toes pointing out.


This is the baby yawning. The big black space is her mouth. Her nose and eyes disappeared while she was telling us how bored she was with the whole thing.

Ok, for those of you who aren't used to looking at blurry black and whites...look for the "hamburger" (it's sideways). The baby's bottom is on the left with the thigh bones pointing towards the right. In the middle of the sideways V, you'll see 2 bright white lines and one thin line. I'm sure you get the picture by now. So, girl #2 is on the way! (Sorry if the details offended anyone, but she's just a baby!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We'll take whatever we can get! Girl or boy! So congratulations! (Dare I say there could be another chance down the road for a boy?!?!)So glad everything looks good! What a blessing! Luv, M&D

twinzmama said...

What a beautiful little girl;)!!! Thank you for sharing, I'm glad things are going well for you! You really should have slapped the tech in the head, the big dork. Congrats on another girl, Lexie should have lots of fun with a little sister. Love you guys!

Poetry of Life said...

Congrats! I still didn't get the whole image of a girl thing, but oh well, I'll take your word for it!!!! Can't wait to meet her! Hannah is going to be so excited! She wants every baby to be a girl. I think her behavior has something to do with her little brother, what do you think?

Silcox Stories said...

Wow! We are so excited that all is well and looking good. We have no doubt that Lexi will make a great big sister, and to a little sister! She will be here before you know it!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.