8.12.2008

A Boy and His Horse

Allen feeds I Be Streakin' in the morning and sometimes at night. They have developed quite the relationship. I Be Streakin' is like a dog and loves any amount of attention you'll give him and has so much personality. I went out to feed tonight and he chased me around a bit. Usually, after his feed is in the stall, he's quick to go eat and leave us alone. However, he followed me to the gate and whinnied when Allen walked toward him. I told Allen he better jog the horse to his stall. If Allen runs towards the barn, the horse runs behind him. Before he did that though, he ran up and down along the fence line and I Be Streakin' loved it. He would run the length of the fence and then run over to the barn. He would turn and look at Allen. Allen would jump up and down and I Be Streakin' would charge the fence and they would run back the other way together. I got a quick video of them after they had done this about 10 times. They were both a little winded!




Running the fence.

This is their routine when Allen has time to play at feeding time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cute! What a PET horse!!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.