8.16.2008

Sick House

The cold that Lexi had 2 weeks ago has come back to haunt us. This time, all 3 of us are sick. She came down with it super fast in the night again and the next day I had it too. Now Allen has it as well. Lexi seems to feel pretty good today, but her nose is like a leaky, green faucet. I usually ask her if she'd like to blow her nose. Sometimes, she runs over because she is clearly uncomfortable. Most of the time when I ask, "Would you like to blow your nose?" I get: "No, I'm allright. Thank you momma."

My energy level is like 2 on a 1-10 scale. Our ward was in charge of decorations for the stake dance last night and I stayed to chaperone. This morning, it caught up with me in a big way. Allen is able to take stuff to feel better so he's doing the best out of all of us, but he's not feeling 100%. He's worked the last two weekends with 12 hour days each day. He's still trying to make some dents in our work at home, too. Plus, we've become addicted to the Olympics this week and have been staying up late to watch. So, we are stretching ourselves just enough to be vulnerable to this summer bug. This weekend, we're trying to take it easy by doing some weed pulling and painting in the house rather than trenching the sprinkler lines.

Lexi can climb up into our bed by herself and has been spending some time there these last few days. She usually says, "I wanna lay down." After she gets settled, she says, "Come on, Daddy. Come on, Momma. Come and lay down with me." Considering how yucky we feel, we've been pretty quick to take her up on her offers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I was there to help! And lounge with Lexi! Her vocab is increasing daily! GET WELL! ALL OF YOU!! :)

Poetry of Life said...

Hang in there. Being pregnant and sick is the worst!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.