8.10.2008

More Lexi-isms

I just bought a new CD for Lexi's room for naps and night time. The first song is a woman and the first line says the word "sea". That song is now the "Ariel" (or Arl) song as Lexi calls it. She sings along in the highest pitched voice she can but only through the word sea because she doesn't know the rest.

The next song on the CD is "Jesus Once Was a Little Child". That's the "J'sus" song. "I ant the J'sus song" she tells me.

She throws her baby and tells me the baby is jumping. Then she runs over and asks the baby, "Whaaaat happened? You ok?" and proceeds to cuddle, pat and then kiss the baby.

She'll go in the bathroom and say,"Wanna see Wexi." That means she wants to look at herself in the mirror.

The other night at dinner she told me her tummy hurt. I asked her why. "There's a baby in there." Oh, you have a baby in there? "Yeeesss. It's the pink one. You have the blue one (as she points to my tummy)." Oh, ok.

While we were playing on the swing set, she found her pink cowgirl hat. She put it on and said, "I wanna ride the horse." I asked her if she was ready to ride now that she had her hat on. "Yeesss. I'm gonna go ride the horse. Om on, mommy (come on, mommy)."

She was helping me put clothes in the laundry basket one day. I would toss the clothes out of the closet and onto the floor near the basket. Each time I threw the a piece of clothing out she would say, "Thank you mommy (she had to say it pretty fast 'cause I was tossing clothes out one right after another)." I said, "No, Lexi, thank you!" "You're welcome, mommy."

We were coming in from the swing set and she tripped on the walkway. She hit pretty hard so I asked her if she was ok. Her response: "I'm sad. I'm crying. I'm all right." She then walked into the house like nothing happened.

Make sure you have the songlist paused and the volume up when you watch this video.

2 comments:

twinzmama said...

How doggone cute is this little girl?! You are so lucky, she is a smarty pants. I remeber lots of times when she would pull up my shirt and "play" with the babies and then say that she had one as well. What a great family you have!!!

Unknown said...

I love watching Lexi! She is so cute and so smart! It makes me laugh! Hugs and kisses from G/G!!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.