11.21.2010

On the Move: Part 7

I scoured the internet daily. I looked in the local newspaper. I made my mother-in-law drive around town and take pictures of homes with signs in the front.

We narrowed it down and Allen viewed a number of homes during one of this trips out to California. He saw lots of homes that would work. But, not very much that we would really like. He had one appointment left but prepared me to make the move homeless. We would crash with his parents and try to find a rental a.s.a.p. when we got here.

When he got home, he told me that the last appointment had been promising. He was pretty sure he had found the house. He insisted I fly out to see it for myself. And I did. If you missed the story, you can find it here.

I drove up to a street full of kids playing ball. There were stationary crossing guard signs posted at either end of the street so that drivers had to slow down to go around them. Clearly, this was a kid friendly kinda place.

I saw the house.

When I walked through the door, I saw this large living/bonus room in front of me. To the right, is a room that could be a bedroom or office.
Looking back toward the front door.
Then, I saw the kitchen. Which is connected to the family room.
I can cook and visit at the same time.
I checked out the kids' rooms.



And took a look at the back yard.
I stepped out onto the front porch and saw this view.

I walked down the street and found this awesome park.
Almost across the street. With two play areas: one for the little kids and one for the big kids. Basketball courts that are removed from the play ground (you know, so the shortlings don't have to be around strange folk using questionable language), a pavillion, lit baseball/softball field and gobs of open space.  
 Awesome!!!

 Allen was right; he'd found our house.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you have a great place to stay while you are living in CA. :-)

Unknown said...

Reading your 'saga' has been VERY interesting. What a journey! Love the house!

Ryan Mellisa said...

Yes, that house is perfect for you guys! It's funny to see...the kitchen is exactly the same set up as my mom's. Welcome Home (to CA)!

Miss Crys said...

WOW!!! That is one gorgeous piece of property. I am so happy for you!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.