12.10.2008

Could It Be?

I couldn't sleep thru them anymore. I woke up at 4 with contractions. More by 4:22, then 4:27, then...5:22 until 7:30 every 4-5 minutes. I called the hospital and they said to make my way in by noon. I ate, drank, walked, took a shower, you know...all the things that should make it stop or really make it go. The shower made the contractions stronger and closer together so the midwife says it sounds like my body is really trying. Because I'm VBAC, they would like to do more monitoring than typical so they don't mind me coming in a little early.

Who knows? They could watch me and send me home. I'm really hoping they'll see that I've been making an attempt at this labor thing for a good 4 or 5 days and may just need a little push. My massage therapist is going to be here at 9:30 to do my pressure points to help the contractions continue to be strong and regular.

Anyhow, we're going in around 10 and we'll see what the machines are saying. Another embarrassing adventure? It's likely. The real thing? Let's hope!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.