12.17.2008

Addie Update

Addie is doing great. In the NICU, they monitor everything. She eats every 3 hours. Approximately 5 minutes before she eats, we have to take her temp, change her diaper, and then report the findings of both to the nurse. After she eats, we have to report the number of mL she's taking. For her weight, she needs to eat at least 60 mL or 2 oz at each feed. If not, she'll go on a feeding tube. Thankfully, she's been eating an average of 75 mL per feed.

She's left "the beach" and is back up to her birth weight. She's wearing size 1 diapers. She recognizes me when I go and loves to be held. When she's awake, she just looks around and is happy to chill out.

If all continues the way it has been for the last 2 days, we'll be discharged Friday morning. She receives the last of her medication at 3 a.m. Friday and we should be able to be home before noon.

We're so excited to finally have all of our family members at home. One of the things I dislike the most about having a baby in the NICU is that I have to shower and leave the house right after having a baby. The last thing I feel like doing is going out in public. I just want to feed my kid and wear PJ's all day, you know?
The dreaded scalp IV.

Who needs one of those fancy paci-holders when you have a bulb syringe?

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Congratulations on the beautiful baby!! She is so precious and so big. Way to go Mom for enduring 30 hours to get her here and no c-section. I'll bet Lexie is loving her little sister.

Unknown said...

What a dollie! We're so happy she's doing so well and is going to get to come home!

twinzmama said...

She is so beautiful!!! I'll bet you are so excited to get her home. Good luck and I hope you have been enjoying the little bit of sleep you have been getting (have you gotten any?!).

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.