12.02.2008

38

I keep hearing that song that goes "second verse, same as the first" in my head over and over. We are at week 38 and guess what! it's all the same as the last week. No contractions at all, though. Nothing had changed when we saw the doctor last week and I'm pretty sure it'll be the same this week, too.

We wanted to go full-term and we are officially there. So, I'm officially ready to meet this kid (read: officially sick of packing someone else around in my gut 24/7). I look forward to losing the full time stuffy nose and having to sleep on my side. While I won't be sleeping much at all for a while, any time on my back is way better than side sleep. I just hate it. I still always wake up on my back and I feel like a whale who is killing itself with its own weight. I've had 5 colds during this pregnancy which means I've been sick every other month. That has been horrible! I hope that ends with the birth of the baby, too.

I'll be sure to post if anything changes, but don't go holding your breath unless you're just really looking forward to passing out. My gut is telling me we'll be a while yet with this one.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Slow and steady wins the race! Mother Nature is doing her thing! Hang in there!

twinzmama said...

I can't believe you only have 2ish weeks left! I bet you are so excited (is that the right word)?! Thank you for keeping your blog so current, I have loved keeping up with you this way. I hope your last two weeks go great (or maybe early)! Love yer guts!!

Poetry of Life said...

That sucks. Hope this kid comes out soon. It's like sitting around waiting for the bomb to go off. Tick, Tick, Tick...

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.