9.08.2008

Nice Form

We were back at it this morning. Allen decided to take today off from work because the forecast calls for severe rain/thunderstorms all week. It was a kind of "now or never" moment for cement.

He was up before 7 and finished the forms. When I got Lexi up, I asked him if I could be of any help. What a mistake! I loaded up Lexi and went to get 3/4 of a yard of cement. He unloaded that and I went back for another yard. When I got home, we realized that we had way too much cement for just one man. I stuck Lexi in the house with our lovely babysitter, Toshiba, donned my work gear and went back out to help Allen. I smoothed out the edges and knocked the frames while he kept doing other finish work. I will say squatting to work on cement with another person living inside your body isn't the most comfortable thing to do. While getting the mixer to the far side of the yard, he got the truck stuck up to the rims in the really deep sand. He asked me to get it out so stuck it in 4 wheel drive, backed up just enough to get on the high side of things, put it low and floored it. Sand and smoke were everywhere, but we made it out. I then finished the sidewalk and my side of the mow strip. I ran in, checked on Lexi and returned the cement mixer to the rental yard. When I got home, it was already after noon and getting pretty hot. Allen released me from my duties outside so I ran in and checked on Lexi. She was doing just fine. I made her lunch, got Allen water, and got me some water. Lexi and I chilled out for a few minutes and she went down for quiet time. Allen had a bit of a struggle with the last few feet as it had gotten a little too hard while he was trying to juggle all of the different places to work. However, he got it just in the nick of time and it all looks great.


2 comments:

Robert said...

Wow you guys! Such hard work! It looks great and I'm glad EVERYONE is no worse for the wear! Traci, you take it easy!

Poetry of Life said...

I have looked at these pics probably 20 times and I just had to comment because Alexis looks just soooooo cute holding that drill. It's one of those pictures that you'll look back on when she's 18 and still think she just looks soo cute. Love you Lexi!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.