9.25.2008

Cream Cheese and Hair

No, not together!

I made the famous cream cheese ball for mutual on Wednesday night. This treat is soooo good. The first time I made it, some of it came home. I kept it on the plate I served it from and Allen and I would graze throughout the day. One day, I pulled the platter out and was helping myself in front of the TV. Allen walked through the door and said, "Back at the trough, I see." Isn't he sweet!?!

Lexi has taken an interest in everything I do lately. When I'm cooking, I hear her yell, "Mom, where are youuuu?" After learning my precise location, she comes running in, "What are you doing?" I tell her what I'm doing and she says, "I wanna see". I figure a person is never too young to learn so I prop her up on the bar stool and tell her exactly what is going on. While I was making the treat, she came running in. When I finished mixing some of the ingredients, I pulled the beaters out of the mixer, and offered one to Lexi.

She loves doing hair right now, too. Most of the time, she does her baby's hair or my hair. Today, she gave Mia a new do.

I didn't think it was that bad.

3 comments:

Poetry of Life said...

Oooh! I remember that yummy ball and the nice comments! Is Lexi helping Mia or torturing her? What ever it is, she sure looks cute doing it!

Unknown said...

Maybe you'll have a kitchen helper on your hands! She always looks so innocent! (And tooooo cute!!)

Lewis Times said...

I love the cream cheese ball! Can you send me the recipe? Abie too loves doing hair - Benjamin doesn't have much and doesn't like it, but she still tries!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.