9.28.2008

Busy Weekend

Friday was Allen's day off from work. He asked me Thursday night if I'd like to sleep in a little on Friday. Um, yea! One of my pregnancy symptoms is a stuffy nose the entire time (see previous blog entry for proof). On the really bad nights, I take Benadryl. Thursday I was really stuffed up so I didn't wake up until 8:45 Friday morning. Was Lexi even up yet? Of course not!! Stinker. The one morning Allen puts work on hold to let me get some good sleep, he didn't even need to be around. It always works that way, doesn't it?

At the beginning of the year, we made a list of family goals. One of those is to feed the missionaries once a quarter. The mission rule here is that the elders need to eat from 5-6. Allen doesn't get home until 6 on weeknights so we feed the guys on his Friday's off. I cleaned the house (twice, see previous entry, yet again, for explanation of that one) and decided to put out my Halloween and Fall decorations. Halloween is my favorite holiday. Each year, I check the clearance items and try to add a few new things. Fall isn't my favorite season, but I do love it quite a bit. Lexi already loves the witches, skeletons and pumpkins.


It's a wind chime. Lexi makes sure to jingle it around every time we walk in or out of the front door.

Allen took a long lunch to help me a bit with some of the decor. In the kitchen, we had already put up the The Family: Proclamation to the World and The Living Christ. I found these cute iron words and made a little grouping out of them. The words had arrived and we hung those, too. After helping me for a bit, he went to get more lumber for the rest of the cement forms. He had to have them done Friday because we needed to start pouring cement first thing Saturday. He took a break for dinner with the elders and went back out to work until after dark.

Saturday, he went out at 6:30 a.m. and got all of the forms done around 9. We had a young man from the ward come over to help and he got here around 9, too. I picked up the cement and they had it all poured by 10:30 or so. Lexi and I returned the mixer and went inside while Allen and Kevin finished the mow strip. The weather was great and having an extra set of hands was really helpful. We're finally done with cement for the lawn! So far, we've poured close to 6 yards of cement to accommodate the 2,000 square feet of lawn that's coming.


Allen got done finishing the mow strip at 1 p.m. and showered quick so we could leave at 1:15 to go to a friend's volleyball game in Albuquerque. Lexi had a really good time and kept telling us, "I'm watchin' da girls!" The teams were #1 and #2 in the state so it was a good match. The daughter of our friend is a senior in high school and has a full ride scholarship to a college in the South to play volleyball. We first met her when she was going into her Freshman year of High School. It's sad to say it took us 4 years to finally make a game, but at least we got to see her play before she leaves this summer. We went to an early dinner and picked up Lexi's furniture on the way home.

We're SO glad to have all of the cement work done. We felt like we were literally running from one commitment to the next all weekend, but we had a great time with our friends and felt really good about meeting our family's goal to feed the elders.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boy, you guys make the most use of your time as anyone I ever did see! Good work!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.