9.08.2008

The End of an Era

Lexi has outgrown her afternoon nap. I should have seen it coming as she's been napping regularly, but her bedtime has been getting later and later. Yesterday, we put her down for quiet time, but she didn't fall asleep. She maintained a good attitude all day, but mentioned she was tired starting at 7 p.m. Last night, she went to bed promptly at 8 and fell asleep rather quickly. I heard her up playing around 4 a.m. but she didn't wake up until close to 9 this morning. Trading sleep in the afternoons for the mornings is what it's looking like so far. Since I'm a total night owl, later mornings are just fine for me. I'm a little bummed because I really enjoyed her naps, but we'll have quiet time each day and I'll just have to learn to get my sanity back in an hour's time. I'm sure it will be nice for some things as we won't feel so bound by nap time. This is a big step for our little girl (and for me!).

1 comment:

Robert said...

Yes,it's about the right time ... it is sort of a "passage"! But quiet time is usually needed and subsequently good for everyone! She has always been such a good kid to go to bed!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.