7.23.2008

Just sick!

So, I'm heading off to bed around midnight and I hear Lexi cry out. Well, it was an attempt to cry. I could tell, though, that something was a little off. She would inhale a bit and try to cry out, but nothing would come. I went into her room and she was really distraught. She couldn't breathe! She was wheezing and trying to cough, but couldn't get enough air. I could tell from the way she was struggling that it wasn't like a cold, but that her airway had become restricted. She started getting a little panicked so I grabbed her and tried to calm her down. It took a few minutes before she could take some really shallow breaths and then respond when I asked her some questions.

Her nose was completely stuffed and her throat was raw. She kept croaking out answers, and tried to relax, but each time she would nod off, she couldn't breathe deeply enough and would wake up panicked. I got her some liquids and cough stuff thinking that coating her throat would help with the rawness. She didn't want to drink and when she would, she would cough so hard she almost threw up a few times. Finally, I got her settled enough to take her meds. About 1:15, she finally tried to sleep.

At 4 a.m., I woke up to use the restroom. As I turned the light off and lay down, Davis starts making this awful noise, urps and then runs to the door. I kick him out and of course, he urped on our bed before he made it oustide. I had just washed all of the sheets and the duvet cover, too. The bummer is that my washing machine leaks whenever I put more than a medium sized load in so I have to take my comforter to the laundry mat now.

Lexi woke up at 7 this morning and had bright green snot running out of her nose. She went from totally fine to gross and green in like, 4 hours, last night. I hoping this thing goes away as fast as it came on. Summer sickness is the worst!

2 comments:

Silcox Stories said...

What in the world! That is crazy! Hope all is OK, sick kids have to be one the worst things about parenting!

Unknown said...

Poor Lexi! Being sick at that age and not understanding what's going on is the worst! Not good for mom and dad either! P.S. I like the "new" looks of the blog!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.