7.22.2008

Customer Service

Warning: the following post contains language that is not politically correct and my be offensive to some readers. Parental discretion is advised.

Ok, so I called the camera folks this morning. They quickly connected me to India or some other terrible place and tried to help me. This is the conversation:

"Hi, I ordered a camera and UPS is..."
"Can I have your order #?"
"Sure"
"Well, since you placed this order with Amazon, we can't do anything to help you. They will send the camera back to us, we'll give you a refund, and have to place the order again."
(my thought: right, cause that's gonna happen. You can take your order and shove it in your 3rd eye, India)
My actual response: "Well, ma'am, how is that going to change anything since the address you have on file is correct? Won't this just happen again?"
"Oh. Well, in that case, will you hold a minute?"

They got a hold of UPS. UPS called me and asked for directions (hello, has anyone every heard of a map or even GPS?). We should get it tomorrow.

You know it's bad when one of the options on the menu for customer service is: if you are having issues with a delivery or address confirmation press #1. Yes, it's even #1.

We'll see how it all pans out tomorrow.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.