7.18.2008

Catching up

Since we've been camera free, I've been working on our family history. I found this great website that is click and drop for scrapbooking. There are lots of different things you can do there like announcements, postcards, etc. For $3, I get to buy the scrapbook I make and email, print, or blog it. I figure it may not be as elaborate as one done by hand, but it's easy enough I'm actually doing it. I can have the whole thing printed on photo paper and then bind it and wa la! a cute scrapbook.

I also found a website called ldsjournal.com. I'm terrible at keeping written records and don't feel the blog is the right medium for everything that I should be writing down. It's free and makes it very easy to record your life. I've tried to put a little bit down a couple of times a week and have been pretty successful. It has special place called "All about me" that asks questions and you answer them. Those answers become your journal and include your birth history, childhood, marriage, spiritual feelings, hobbies, etc. Because it's one question at a time, it's easy to keep the answers on point and not get overwhelmed. So, you can put daily entries in and have your own personal history wrapped up into a neatly dated and organized format. I'm really enjoying it. Among the blog, scrapbooks and journal, we should have some good information about our family saved for the future. And since they all can be made into bound, paper books, they should be nice keepsakes, too.

I've been doing about 1 scrapbook a day on smilebox and will keep chugging away as I can. They're not too long, so that makes it easy to play catch up, also. Anyhow, you'll see lots of our past as I try to get our little family's story recorded.

2 comments:

Poetry of Life said...

That's awesome!!! I know you hate to scrapbook, so I think it's great. I actually think I may use it for our family albums. I still have to finish Hannah's baby album and start Ben's and I have to go back to 2005 for our family album. I think I may try smilebox though if its as easy as you say!!! I really liked the journal idea too. Keep up the good work!

twinzmama said...

Thanks for sharing! I haven't done too well with my journaling (okay, I missed most of pregnancy and then on) so maybe this would be a good way to go back. I also loved your scrapbooks, this would have been much easier than what I did for the grandmas for mother's day!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.