4.13.2008

Whirlwind Weekend

Allen had Friday off so we were able to get tons done this weekend. Friday, Lexi and I took off at 8 a.m. to Jackson's (the name of the 2 year old who belongs to Kally who babysits Lexi). I went to Dulce's, rode 2 of her horses and gave 2 lessons. When I got back at 11:15, I saw that Allen had 4 dump truck loads of dirt delivered. Allen had also welded up the rest of the horse panel while I was out riding. He had installed a gate (he built it himself) and the latch we'll be using for all of our gates last weekend. He tacked up the horse panel, but ran out of time on the South end. So, he wrapped that all up, too. I Be Streakin' has a girlfriend here so I had Allen help me handle the horses while we hooked them up. That was Allen's first experience with horse copulation. He said, "Hi, Ho Silver!" I ran back to pick up Lexi at 11:45 (yeah, horses are really romantic so the whole date and hook up took about 20 minutes), got her home, down for a nap and then I headed back out to help Allen set posts for the paddocks. I went back in at 2:30 in case Lexi woke up and Allen got one run done on the paddocks by the time he had to head inside.
Oh, Friday was also my birthday. Allen kept asking me if I felt different. Um, no. Birthdays just aren't a real big deal to me. I love celebrating other people's b-days, but not much actually changes. It is nice to recognize the day a person came into the world though so I understand the broo-ha-ha. My big plan for the evening was to chaperon a youth dance. Love my calling! I played hooky. We opened presents and just lazed around. I got tons of cool stuff from lots of folks. Money, gift cards, a lavender/chamomile comfort bag that you put in the microwave and it heats up (and really smells good), cards, and some magazine subscriptions were some of the presents I received. Thanks everyone!
Allen's first ever gate made from scratch
For those of you who are mechanically inclined, these are the latches we'll be using around the place. The other side houses the same mechanism. For those of you who don't care, the pics of Lexi are below.
Gypsy the horse-dog
Saturday he went to a friend's house and put up wainscot (no idea if I spelled that right - also known as bead board) in their nursery. Casey (the dad of this family) is a professional welder (the one Allen's worked with quite a bit) so they traded Allen's time for Casey's. Casey usually puts up about 200 ft. of fence a day (the silver run of fence we have is 120 ft. and took us about a month of Saturdays to put up) so they should be able to get lots done together. Lexi and I hung out all day. Lexi was in a terrible mood and decided to take it out on Chilli so we went the rounds on that one. We ran over to the vet's to pick up Chilli's tags that had dropped in the parking lot last week and then went to see Allen. We got home, ate lunch, and napped. I had been corresponding with a family who wanted Chilli so I also got everything together so we could take him with us to ABQ since we were heading up there for date night. Allen got home at 5 with the babysitter, got dressed, and we left at 5:20 to meet up with Chilli's new family. They liked him and took him home. We went to dinner and tried to figure out what to do with the remaining 3 hours of babysitting time we had. Since we didn't want to spend any money, we chose not to go shopping in ABQ. So, we headed home. We got back at 8:15 p.m. Party animals!
I got a call at 9 p.m. saying the family wanted to bring Chilli back because he was marking their house up. Well, it turns out they had let their girl dog pee everywhere so he was going back to those spots and wetting. Great.

Princess of the Mountain with Gypsy watching intently.

Allen can't resist the opportunity to work in the yard. Do notice the tool of choice.

This morning, we went to the park for a bit. Lexi and Allen played on the slide but Lexi enjoyed running the most. I put a video up of them racing. We got back and since sperm don't sleep on Sundays, I arranged another meeting for Streakin' and Destiny. Lexi played in the dirt and climbed the big pile all by herself while I tended to the issues of procreation and Allen worked in the yard. Allen kept yelling out, "That's my girl! She's gonna be an athlete! What other kid would just climb up that big pile by themselves?" (I could think of a few, but I didn't want to burst his daddy bubble.)




All in all, a great weekend. We got to make good progress on the yard, eat out alone, almost get rid of a dog, play matchmakers, and spend time together as a family. What more could you ask for?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved the stories and details! Loved the cute videos of Lexi watering plants and running at the park! Sounds like a busy and fun weekend! Glad you got to do something for your b'day, Traci!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.