5.18.2012

Weight Update

I've not lost any additional weight since my last report.

My goal was to make it through production at my lowest weight yet and I did that. Since then, I've been maintaining.

I've kind of hit an interesting place with regard to the Medifast program. I could sing the merits of the program from every rooftop in the world. It is nutritionally sound. It is reasonable. And the results cannot be argued with.

There is one downfall: the price. To be on the program as designed will set you back $300 a month. (Gasp! Shock! Oh my!)

I think it's worth every penny.

But, I've hit my financial limit. We are making one and a half house payments and our financial surplus is, well, almost non-existent. I have to be really choosey about where to put those extra dollars. I can continue to buy the program in full or I can buy my kids shoes and underwear when they need them.

I've had my chance and done well. I can't, in good conscience, continue to use such a signifiant part of our resources for myself at this juncture.

I still have 15 pounds to lose to get to goal.

I do have a shelf full of Medifast food, and I pull from that for most of my nutrition. When that is gone, it's gone, and I'll be "on my own".

I know that I can get to goal. I think it will be a slower process, but it's still very doable.

Something else that has been on my mind as I've begun to move into another phase of my journey is exercise.

Now that I've shed the weight, I want to tone my body.

My plan is to incorporate 3 days of HIIT (high intensity interval training - think P90X and Insanity type stuff). My favorite work out so far is a Mommy Boot Camp video. You can burn 200 calories in 20 minutes. In that time, you get cardio, core and weight training done. Plus, I don't have 45 minutes to myself most days of the week. Twenty minutes, for me, is much more realistic.

I will keep you posted on my progress. I think it helps me to stay motivated and I hope that someone out there who is fighting the same fight might find strength knowing that getting healthy is possible and, we are here, sweating it out even when it's a struggle.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.