3.01.2012

What I'm Grateful for Today: Addison

Little Addie.

Each day I'm grateful for these traits of Addie's:

- Addie hugs Emily every chance she gets. Sometimes Emmy doesn't reciprocate. Other times, she buries into Addie's neck and they hug as tight as they can.
- She wakes up happy and comes in to watch Allen get ready. She chatters with him and adores being around him.
- When I sit with Addie and talk with her, she puts her hand on my cheek.
- She spontaneously tells us she loves us throughout the day. It's always accompanied by a kiss.
- Addie often tells me during afternoon quiet time. "Mom, I'm going to play toys. How about you watch a Mommy show? You never get to watch Mommy shows."
- When I check on Addie at 11 o'clock at night, I tell her I love her. She's always dead asleep. But she always mumbles, "love you too".
- Addie is easy going. If I want to work out or need to shower, she has no issues giving me the time. She doesn't destroy anything, whine, or cause problems. She just plays nicely so I can have those few minutes.
- Addie sings to us at night. Her favorite song is Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Addie is so sweet! That is so cute that she tells you she loves you in her sleep.

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.