4.30.2011

All About Me, All About I

What is your favorite subject in school?  Psychology.

What is your favorite flavor of jelly beans?  HATE jelly beans.

Which flavor of ice-cream do you prefer?  Mint chocolate chip.

What do you usually do when you have leisure time on your hands?  Leisure time? Pfftt. Next question, please.

What is your favorite season and why?  Spring. Renewal and hope. And pretty flowers.

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?  Can I go alone?

What is your favorite color?  Black. Everything black, dahling.

Who is your best friend and how did you meet?  You know, I have lots of friends I would label best. But each fulfills a totally different need I have. The friend I've had the longest who has been there with me through a lot of fun things and some really ugly things is LuAnn. She moved to CA when we were in the 6th grade. When I grow up, I want to be her.

What is your favorite grab and go meal?  McDonalds. Duh.

Do you prefer to wear pants or dresses?  Dudes, I always wear the pants.

Which Temple do you like best?  Oakland.

How many siblings do you have?  One. And she counts as that best friend too. I mean, the chick's known me almost my whole life and still likes me. She's golden.

What is your favorite electronic device?  My hair straightener.

If you could be any animal which one would you prefer to be and why?  An eagle. Not a horse. No way. People are jerks to horses. Eagles are free and fly and if you end up bald, you're especially cool.

What kind of vehicle do you usually ride in?  The Mama Mobile, but the cool kind. An excursion.

What is your favorite sport to watch?  I'd rather pull my eyes out than watch a sport.

Which sport do you most enjoy actively participating in?  However, I like to play lots and lots of sports. Except golf. I only like golf clubs if I can beat things with them.

What age do you consider old?  I honestly think age is a mind game. My grandpa is 97 and he chooses to live young. His body isn't as flexible, sure, but he doesn't act old. I admire that choice

Do you prefer pens or pencils?  Pens. Pencils are so dirty and unreliable.

Do you like your handwriting?  Meh. It's the only kind I've got so I'll keep it.

Have you ever been water skiing?  Yes. I totally suck. I know that may be hard to believe with my cat like reflexes and all, but it's true. And I don't let go of the line when I eat it. Did you get the mental image on that?

What do you most like to do in the snow?  Stay inside.

What is your favorite all-time movie?
  The Usual Suspects.

Can you change a tire?  Sure. I'm really handy with a tire iron. (wink, wink)

Is your room more clean or more messy?  My room is a reflection of how I feel inside. It looks like a nuclear bomb went off. But I make my bed every day.

Do you prefer a bath or a shower?  Shower. Baths are so gross. You sit in a bunch of dirty water and end up sweaty and hot and wrinkly by the end. And forget getting your hair clean. Waste of time.

What do you prefer to drink with your morning meal?  Vodka. Just kidding. Orange Juice. with vodka. (just kidding again.)

If you had to be stranded on a deserted island with one person who would you want that one person to be?  Allen. He's handy, kinda funny, and he's the living scriptures so I would be able to keep my spiritual side in tune so when I died on the island I'd be prepared.

Do you find it easy to save money?  FAIL. Epic fail.

What do you do when something funny happens?  Laugh and point.

Did you have a favorite toy as a child?  Breyer horses.

Do you share a bedroom?  Yes. For the first time in my whole life, I have to share a room.

Do you carry floss in your purse?  No. I've not been diagnosed OCD yet.

What is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to you?  Being born. My life is consistently weird.

Do you mow the lawn at your residence? 
Yes. I do the yard work at my house. I must suck though 'cause the yard guy who does the neighbors is always leaving his card on my door.

Have you ever been in a musical drama or play? If so, what was it?  Yes. My life.

Have you ever helped a stranger? If so, how?  I love helping strangers. My latest experience was coming home from SLC. I had decided that since I was traveling alone, I would be on the look out for a mom or dad who could use an extra hand with their kids. I said a prayer to be available and helpful and that someone would trust me enough to ease their burden. In the airport, I saw a lone woman struggling with her stroller and toddler. I offered to push the stroller while she carried the baby, but she said she had it under control.

When I got on the plane, I chose to sit by a man and his daughter. His wife and son were in the row ahead of us. That little girl was so cute; about 2 years old and a little less than pleased to be on the flight. He didn't seem to have any toys or anything. So, I started playing with her and distracting her. She ended up playing with my Iphone while he and I visited. After some time, he mentioned that his wife was LDS but he was not. He was, however, investigating the church. He asked me all sorts of questions. As the conversation progressed, it turns out he was a rancher from SoCal as a kid and into roping. He's a big shot business man (they had a driver coming to get them at LAX) now, but we talked horses for a bit, too. He told me he thought it was no coincidence I ended up sitting next to him so he could learn more about my conversion. He ended up giving me his business card. I told him it was definitely NOT a coincidence we ended up on the same plane in the same row.

That was such a fulfilling experience for me. It felt really good to help someone else. To know my prayer (and his wife's I'm sure) was answered so clearly is such a testimony builder. I wanted to be that person everyone is grateful for when their kid is melting down and they are embarrassed and tired and I got to do that.

1 comment:

LWR said...

You are so funny, Traci ... as usual. I love the airplane story though!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.