10.25.2010

Hell Week 2: Murphy's Revenge. Spread the Love...

Day 6: Saturday

I'm not sure I'd say it was love, but something was definitely spreading around the Riddle house. 

When I wrapped up my crazy Friday talking to Allen he said this: 

The girls did great. Addie had a major blowout, but other than that, we did awesome.

Addie never has blowouts. Never.

Dude, she totally has what you and your mom had. 

Oh, maybe. I don't know. I doubt it.

And we hung up for the night. 

Just for the record: having kids has ruined me. I was supposed to enjoy a quiet evening and sleeping late and a lazy morning. Yah. Right. I think those days are officially over. I went to bed at midnight and woke up promptly at 6:11 a.m. 

Ruined!

The phone rang around 8. How are you?

Well, could be better. 

Uh oh.

Addie woke up at 1 a.m. and threw up everywhere. And I mean, I cleaned the carpets within 2 feet of her crib, everywhere. And then we went in the family room and she rolled around and then threw up some more. And then she rolled around some more. Finally, just as she fell asleep at 3, Emily woke up crying. So, I fixed her and that woke Addie up. It went like that until 4 or so when we finally nodded off and I woke up to Lexi sitting in Emily's crib at 6:45 this morning. I've done no less than 5 loads of wash and am going to bathe Addie right now. 
Addie and her barf station.

Ouch. Are you going to be ok? 

Yes. Addie hasn't barfed since but she's really upset. She keeps crying and holding her tummy. She's trying to be happy and we're going to play outside. 

Ok, I'll call you when I get in. 

The rest of the day was pretty good. Except that I got "the" visit from my monthly friend. On the plane. Totally unprepared. At least I figured out why I'd been wanting to eat everything I laid my eyes on for the last 3 days.


Getting home proved to be a lot less eventful than my trip out. For this, I was grateful.

My family was waiting for me when I arrived. 

Yay! 

We started home and Addie started moaning and holding her tummy. 

We figured since she hadn't been sick again that she was finally a little hungry and a light dinner would fix her discomfort.

We gave her some dry cereal. And she asked for pudding. 

She ate the whole thing and seemed ok. 

For about 5 minutes.

She started acting really fussy and wanted down. Allen was eating his soup at the seat next to her and picked her up. 

And she barfed. All over the place. 

He ran and put her in the sink.

And she barfed again. And again. And again. 

She started crying and then would barf and then cry because she was scared and then it would come out again. 

Allen peeled her down to her diaper and took her off to a warm bath while I cleaned up the mess. 

When I walked down the hall to see how they were faring, this is what he said to me:

Did she puke in my soup?



Really.

4 comments:

Silcox Stories said...

Seriously? Is this ever going to end. it's almost a scary halloween story rather than Hell week!

Unknown said...

Could you guys just please have ONE uneventful day?!?!?!? Geezzzzzz... you poor things!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man. EWWWW. I feel for you and Allen. I really wish I could come and help you, to give you 2 a break. So sorry that when it rains it pours.
We are all currently taking 3000 mg of vitamin C everyday, in hopes that no one will get anything more than a cold this season. (I can wish and hope right?!)

Ryan Mellisa said...

Thanks for the laugh (the last sentence). I can only hope my husband will be as good of a father as yours is!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.