6.17.2009

LeNeige

There's a new woman at the Riddle house these days. Meet LeNeige (French, for snow). A friend of mine, who is a fellow trainer, was looking for a feed/lease option for her mare. We got to visiting after I Be Streakin' passed away and it seemed like it might work. However, I was still pretty overwhelmed with the two kids and Addie wasn't very stable. So, I asked for a few months for our family to grow up. Thankfully, she was patient.

A few weeks ago, she let me know some other friends of hers were interested in taking the mare. But, because we had talked first, she wanted to honor our plans. I had her bring the mare the next day. She is a really nice horse to be around. She's quiet and low maintenance. She's a breeze to ride and doesn't need constant work to be safe. Just what I need with 2 kids and a totally inconsistent riding schedule. Yes, I train for others but as you know "the plumber's plumbing is always broke". So, it's really important for me to have a horse that can sit around for a while and not act the fool when I try to ride again.

We all enjoy having a horse around the place again. She greets us at the gate and follows Lexi up and down the fence. Lexi loves to make her dinner by opening the grain bins and mixing all sorts of yummy stuff together. She also gives her a minimum for 4 or 5 horse cookies a day. They are fast friends.
That's a fly mask. As the name suggests, it keeps the flies out of horse's eyes. They can see right through it.

3 comments:

twinzmama said...

Congratulations!! You must feel so much better finally having a horse again, I know how much you must have missed it. I'm glad Lex is getting along with her so well too.

Unknown said...

Pretty horse! Sounds like a perfect "fit" for everyone! I'm glad you have a "horse around" again, too! :)

Anonymous said...

La Neige as in "La Nay"? Will you call her Nay-Nay?? (get it - what a horse says...nayyyy, nayyyy) Just a little ranch humor there... She is a pretty girl and I hope you all enjoy her!

M

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.