4.06.2009

Let Me Introduce You

To Murphy. As in Murphy's Law, which has been strictly enforced around our place lately. I hope this is the last we'll hear of it.

So, you know our Excursion was hit while we were shopping. We dealt with the fiasco and it came back in beautiful condition. The paint was shiny, accurate, and looked like the original. The bumper was put on correctly, better than it had been when we bought it and ready to go.

I went to the previously mentioned shopping complex (testing fate, I suppose) to get groceries for the upcoming guests. Everything was going fine. Under budget, record time, and I didn't even stop at the fast food joint for a milkshake and criss cut fries (and I hadn't even had dinner, either).

I get home with just enough time to unload so Allen can run to the airport to pick up our arrivals. As I reach to open the back window to unload my hull, the handle snaps off in my hand.

Are you kidding me?

I almost starting crying. Just the exhaustion of having to deal with one inconvenience after another for the last 4 months, on top of, raising a new baby (who isn't quite normal) is kind of taking its toll.

I chose to laugh instead. I walked in, handed the handle to Allen and walked back out. He literally said, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?"

Whatta ya gonna do?

P.S. Did I mention that either the starter or glow plugs and relay are also going out?

3 comments:

Queen "B" said...

Ah, your friends with Murphy too!
yes we know him well! sometimes laughter is the best medicine!!so glad you are documenting all this
:]]

Patricia said...

Traci,
You are one of the most real people I know. Life is hard and we aren't always doing what we would like to be doing but doing it to the best of our ability is all that is required. Lot's of barf sounds good to me :) want to trade for a 13 1/2 year old teenage girl for a while :)
Love,
Trisha

Unknown said...

Oh no! Unfortunately, most normal people are acquainted with Murphy's Law! Hope it's not too much to fix!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.