3.06.2009

It Just Never Stops!

Well, it wasn't food poisoning. How do I know? Because I got it.

This is how it went for us yesterday:

1 a.m. Thursday morning (I still consider it Wed. since I haven't gone to sleep yet) - I finally get to bed after feeding Addie, getting bottles ready, cleaning up around the house, etc.

5:45 a.m. - Allen comes in and says Addie hasn't woken up yet (a great thing, really) but she's starting to. He says he's not feeling well. He manages to feed Addie, puts her in the swing, and heads in to see the john.

6:00 a.m. - I'm pretty tired so I'm trying to catch some zzzzz's. I hear Addie retching and gagging and barfing in the swing. I run out and she is drenched. Allen is now out of the shower and runs out to pull the swing cover off while I get Addie in the bath.

6:15 a.m. - Addie is starving so I feed her while Allen shuts himself in our room. Lexi gets up (this is about an hour early for her).

6:45 a.m. - Addie goes down.

The morning goes pretty well. Allen doesn't come out of our room. Lexi and I have a regular day. A friend stops by to visit since I'm feeling fine at this point. The weather is awful with 50 mile an hour winds so Lexi and I try to make the best of it inside all day.

3:30 p.m. - Lexi is napping (thank goodness!) and I'm feeding Addie. She does her business and it goes out of the diaper and all up her back. Her outfit is ruined. It also goes all over the front of me. I ask Allen to hold her while I fill the tub. He helps for about 5 minutes and runs to the bathroom. I get Addie bathed.

5:30 p.m. - I'm on about 4.5 hours of sleep and pretty exhausted at this point. I'm caring for a 3 year old, bathed the baby twice, cleaned the house, and trying to help Allen. Lexi and I made him a get-well card. He was laying on the floor when we gave it to him. He was feeling so bad, sick and tired that when he saw it, he almost cried. I decide to take Lexi to McDonalds to play since Addie was napping.

6:30 pm. - I get home with Lexi to find Addie awake. She woke up the minute we left. I feed her while Allen goes back into our room.

9 p.m. - Put Lexi to bed. As I shut the door, my stomach cramps up. I know I'm in for a long night. I get the bottles ready, go to the bathroom, clean the kitchen, go to the bathroom, give Addie her medicine, go the bathroom, and finally at 10:15 feed Addie. Because Allen had been so sick, I'm on for the night time too. Even though I'm now sick and he's feeling a little better but tired, it's still going to be me.

I'm in and out of the bathroom and my gut is cramping terribly.

3 a.m. Friday - Lexi is up. She needs milk. Allen gets her settled.

4:45 a.m. - Addie is up. I feed her and put her back down. She won't go to bed so I put her in the swing.

7 a.m. - Addie is up and Allen comes out. He's feeling lots better so he takes her while I go into our room.

My gut is cramping (think Dinky Creek), but I'm not too, too sick right now. Allen is home from work so together we should be able to pull it together. It has been a roller coaster of a ride these last couple of weeks, though.

4 comments:

marti said...

no bueno at all. what a great birthday week for allen. jeez. happy belated birthday, by the way. i hope you didn't puke up any cake. that would be a waste. feel better everyone.

Unknown said...

O geezzzzz...guess what? I've had the same thing the past two days! I feel much better today. It must have been a stomach bug. Ughhhhhh! So sorry for ALL of you! Hang in there and GET BETTER.

Queen "B" said...

Yes you are in the trenches of familyhood! And Mom is the General!! last to lay down ,well pretty much last! You know as I read about "I Be" you wrote such a descriptive narrative that It brought back all of my senses and loves of the horse world. How I miss just raking the Barn or just being in a Barn. Well It was a glorious season in my life and I hope to share it with you again someday, who knows maybe we will ride together? you never know! hope you are feeling better today, love YA

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Traci! I am praying for you all to make it through this!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.