3.30.2009

The Guardian

After getting home from church, I set Addie down to put my shoes away in our bedroom closet. When I came back out, this is what I found. I was kind of surprised because the front door was wide open. Usually, when the door is open, the dogs make a bee line for the front yard since we don't play out there often. Mia chose to keep watch over Addie while Davis, Allen and Lexi were all outside.

Mia also follows Lexi around if she is outside playing by herself. I check on Lexi often and Mia is always by her side. If she is on the lawn, Mia is playing with her toy there. If she is by the gate, Mia is standing at Lexi's side. If Lexi is on the swing set, Mia is laying in the sand box.

I think it is so great that this dog is so interested in protecting our girls. She is so sweet and kind and is obviously a momma. It does make me feel just a little better about our safety knowing Mia watches the kids of her own volition.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Mia! Bless her heart! She's a "keeper"! Cute pictures.

marti said...

that's it! i'm stealing mia next time i'm there.and maybe that little person she's guarding, too... they seem to be a package deal.

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.