3.04.2008

Back in the Saddle

I still feel like the bruising and cellulite are still having a fist fight on my backside, but I'm going back to work. I've actually been working with a client's horse for the last couple of weeks, but that is only two times a week so it doesn't really count for much in terms of being too exhausting.
I start with a new client tomorrow. Because of limited space, I am going to be working at her home. She has a really nice sized arena that was previously used for dressage (the big horses at the Olympics type stuff) so it's going to be just fine. She has two very nice horses and needs them in a fitting program. I go to her home twice a week.

On the 15th, I have two client horses coming here. They will be in part time training (3 days a week) so I'll be riding at least 5 days a week among the 4 I'll be working with. I am slated to be booked through July and I'm really pleased that clients are still coming even though I've changed my requirements a bit. Barring any unforeseen events, I should be at it for the rest of the Spring and through the Summer as a start.

Allen continues to plow through the work outside. He's been trying to work a couple of hours in the evenings after Lexi goes down if he can. The second stall is almost completely finished. He starts this huge test at work on Monday and will be working 6 or 7 days a week for a couple of weeks. This coming weekend is our last big push for the month.

The roadshow turned out to be a big success. The kids did great! They won for best props. One of the girls had a cosmetology head on top her head so they could "kill her with kindess" and lop her head off (she was called "Labanna" and was Laban of our day. The main character, Nathan, (Nephi) had to retrieve his newly earned temple recommend that she swiped.). She had this big coat on so you could only see the fake head and looked hilarious. I truly thought their skit was the best, but there were some really good ones. I guess we'll see if they actually learned anything at mutual this week.

Lexi has grown a ton in the last week. She's suddenly moving out of her 18-24 clothes and getting close to a 2T. She's gotten a little taller and her pants are actually fitting her waist. She continues to develop her speaking skills and says so many words and even some two word sentences. She likes to say "read book", "shirt", "coat" (she points at her armpits at the same time showing me where the coat is supposed to go on her body), " no nigh, nigh" and "Mia come!". She helped me unload the dishwasher and actually put stuff where it belonged. She also helped Allen wash some windows. We are so proud of her and amazed everyday when she does new stuff. My dad said that the 2-5 year old age was "magical" and I have to say I agree.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.