1.18.2008

Trying to see the forest through the trees





We made lots of progress today on the yard! We look out and see so much to do still. Ahh, the benefits of home ownership. Our yard is as level as the Rockies so getting the posts set was quite a feat. We managed to check and re-check ourselves into getting most of the Eastern-most boundary fence set. Allen welded the top rail on almost all of what we had done. He's left an opening for a 12 foot gate on one end and a 6 foot gate on the yard side. The photos are below. We have 3 more posts to set - oh did I mention that the reason we quit was because our stellar cement mixture screamed out in horror and died? Any who, we'll cross that bridge tomorrow.

We also got all of the room down in the barn. Yes! Stall fronts here we come. I have a client horse coming tomorrow, one in training, one on the way and another set for mid-February. Spring is the busy season for horse folk and it seems like we went from Fall to Spring and have completely forgotten about Winter. What!?! It's still January, you mean the middle of Winter? Better to have the business than no one coming at all, right? Our big goal is to have an "open house" when we get everything done. So, I have 5 or so years to plan the party. No, seriously, we are hoping to host this gathering in the Summer. I think it's all going to be very nice when we get it done.

Aren't you glad to be on our journey with us as you read my antics? Allen asked how to create a post, but I skillfully evaded his question so I am the only one with the password!

I can't believe I'm even up at this late hour (it's 8:08), but digging holes, carrying cement bags, and being a human being has left me exhausted. Tally ho.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Traci, you're funny! Good luck with your running goal! Good for you! I guess Allen should be able to read this along with the rest of us! :) We can't wait to come see your new place! Hugs...

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.