1.21.2008

I Did It!

They say it you have to run at least 5 miles to get the "runner's high". I think I got it today! Actually, I was just so out of breath everything just seemed a little brighter.

So, I did it. I ran. Well, let's define run. I ran until my calves seized up and then walked. Then, I ran again. I know I looked like those people you see "running" and wonder, "That isn't even running. All they are doing is walking and dragging their toes between each step".

Never the less, I put forth the effort and have plenty of sweat to show for it. I went to a friend's about 1/2 hour after I finished and she asked me if I was ok. I said yes and she said, "No, really, can I get you a drink or something?"

Actually, she said, "What were you doing?"

"Running."

"Like, after Lexi or something?"

Then she offered me the drink. I think my heart rate stayed elevated for most of the day after I got done.

Now, please excuse me while I have a Cinna-stick from Pizza Hut for all of my efforts.

2 comments:

LuAnn said...

LOL. You are too funny. I knew you could do it, and what a great outlet this will be for you. Don't you feel great about yourself for doing it, you should be VERY proud of yourself. Now I am going to go and pig out on junk for you. I love you!

Silcox Stories said...

That is awesome! I will clal you for some advice and moral support in June when I too decide to take up feet dragging/running! You are my inspiration!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.