1.11.2008

It's not even 9 and Allen's in bed.





I shouldn't be too shocked since this is pretty usual for our Friday date night. Allen is down with the crud and is trying to heal. I know he's mentally stressed thinking, "I'm sick as a dog and if I don't get out there in the freezing cold and get those stall fronts up Traci's head is going to spin off like a top." I don't want to admit it, but he's right. However, I think I'll try to be really mature and give him a break.
Here's the deal: we moved in December 14th and I told Allen to have electrical, water, pipe fence, stalls, an arena, 5 gates, and any other incidentals that may come up done by January 8th.
What happened? He worked his tail, mom came to visit and worked her tail, Marti came and worked her tail, Brent and Laura came and worked their tails.
We have 6 posts in the ground, water and electricity to the 30x30 metal structure that is to be the barn. The good news is that the horses are alive and I have clients coming which should fund the remainder of our upgrades (did I mention the money is all gone, too?)
It seems that when you're on the winning side with time, you have no money and when you're on the winning side with money you have no time. We're on the losing side of both.
Reading this you might think I'm ungrateful. Don't rush to judgment! Really, though, we have lots. We're just this close to having the "American Dream".
I think I've developed carpal tunnel so I'll be signing off. Here's to hoping Allen can get better in the one day we have to recuperate!
Love,
T

No comments:

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.