8.25.2011

97!

Granpda Tweet turned 97 this year. Aunt Marti was in town so we had a little shindig at our place.





I have so many fond memories of my time with Granpda. I was his shadow when we went for visits. While he wasn't a perfect man, he was the perfect grandfather.

I love seeing the light in his eyes when he's around the girls. They shower him with affection and dote on him every minute that he's here. He comes to life when they are present.

I am so grateful for this time. I'm so grateful my girls know him and might even have some memories of him. He is a treasure to our family and I would love to have yet another birthday to celebrate with him next year.

1 comment:

LWR said...

Such sweet pictures. Congrats to G'ma for sure! :)

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.