2.27.2011

Ponder This


"There is no such thing as a "black sheep". The black sheep is always the most sensitive person in the family who takes on all the energy and dynamics of the rest of the family." 
- Oprah Winfrey show, February 21, 2011

Think of all the so-called black sheep you know. How does this perspective illuminate truths for you? Empty nesters what does it make you feel about the family you've raised? Parents, how does this change the way you see your children and the state of your family now? Does this make you reconsider your notions about your siblings? Mothers and fathers? Friends? Do you think this is valid or a bunch of malarkey?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vote malarkey, but then I am no Oprah fan. Yes, I said it, I actually boycott anything Oprah. Anyway, the black sheep theory, I believe there is a black sheep, as long as that person is willingly labeling themselves the black sheep. (raising my hand) I am the black sheep of my family, and I have married a black sheep from another family. :-)

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.