11.17.2008

Yummy!

I made this for a snack for YW a couple of months back and it was a huge hit. This last Saturday night, a bunch of us girls got together and I decided to give it a shot. Again, so yummy I just have to share.

White Chocolate Popcorn
AIR Pop 8-10 cups of Popcorn
Spread pop corn out on cookie sheets.
Melt one bag of Nestle's White Chocolate Chips in a double-boiler (make sure it's real chocolate, not that fake stuff)
Drizzle over popcorn and lightly toss till coated.
It looks just like regular popcorn, but YOU WON'T BELIEVE HOW IT TASTES!!!!
(recipe courtesy of http://www.ywconnection.com/)


I do it a little differently. I buy all natural popcorn that you pop in the microwave. I think you could use any kind, though, it would be great. I also melt the chocolate in the microwave. Put on high for 1 minute, stir, put on high for another minute, stir, repeat until melted (about 2-3 minutes, usually). I line my cookie sheets with wax paper and dump 1-1 1/2 bags of popcorn out on each cookie sheet (so it can make a pretty flat layer of popcorn). I drizzle the chocolate on the popcorn. Some spots have a really nice drizzle, some have a blob of chocolate. I figure who's going to complain about a big bite of chocolate once in a while? The first time I made this, I did stir it, but it tumbled all over the counter and I still had blobs so I ditched that idea. I let it sit out for a while to let the chocolate form up and then store in gallon size baggies. The last time I made this, I used one big bag of chocolate for 3 regular sized bags of popcorn.

For special occasions, you could add food coloring to the chocolate (like red or green for Christmas, red and blue for 4th of July, or your favorite team's colors on game day) or buy those morsels with the coloring already mixed in. You could do a black and white kind too, with both white and dark (semi or sweet) chocolate.

Goes over well with all ages and is quick to make. Also, I usually have popcorn and some sort of chocolate around so this is great "out of the pantry" cooking. Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy! I've got popcorn and chocolate, too ...and I'm going to try it!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.