11.20.2008

Yeah Baby!

I had a dr.'s appointment today. This is what he said, "Oh my! The baby's head is right there! You're 80% effaced, 1 cm dilated, and the baby is in the birth canal."

Awesome! When he said the comment about the baby's head, I wanted to say, "Ya don't say!?!" since I'm pretty aware of where the baby's head is at this point. I was really pleased with everything else he had to say, though.

Now, don't go assuming I'm foolish enough to think this means we'll have the baby early. I had a friend who stayed at 3 cm for 3 weeks! What this does tell me, though, is that my body is doing all the right stuff so far. All of the contractions I've been having are actually doing something productive. Last time I tried having a baby, it took 2 days of pitocin to get to 1 cm! We're already leaps and bounds ahead of where we were when we went in with Lexi.

We've had so many issues with my body doing what is supposed to come "naturally" with regard to all phases of child bearing that I've lost the confidence in my body to come through when "push comes to shove" (really, no pun intended). I feel motivated, hoping that I will be able to work with my body this time around. It's always felt like we're always fighting one another in our efforts to bring people into this world. It's a relief to know that things are falling into place on their own!

1 comment:

Silcox Stories said...

WOW! That is such inspiring news; things are going to be so different this time around. I hope we get a chance to talk before she comes; I'll try to give you a call tomorrow!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.