11.14.2008

My Love Language

Today, I finally got my anniversary present! Allen got me a 60 minute massage and pedicure at the local day spa I like. Even though our anniversary was in September, today was the first day that worked out to spend the morning getting pampered. My hips are so dang sore; I've really been looking forward to today. I told the masseuse that I feel like one of those old German Shepherd dogs with hip dysplasia. Like, my backside is just dragging around.

I've seen this masseuse quite a few times. She's actually more than the usual "fluff and buff" you get at some spas. She's got 2 kids that are around Lexi's age, her folks head up the local rodeo association and she rides so we have some stuff in common. I also go to church with her sister-in-law. She's very much my vibe and knows exactly what it feels like to be pregnant. She's not preachy either, which I love.

While we were talking about what was ailing me (uh, everything!), she mentioned the appointment book noted I wanted my pressure points done. She confirmed my due date wasn't for another month and asked if I really wanted to be induced. What?!? Um, no. Not today, thank you. She figured it had been a mistake, but just wanted to check. I asked her about the whole process and she said she has a 95% success rate of helping women go into labor when the pressure point treatment is added to a regular massage. She's had 2 clients get off of the table and have babies 4 hours later. I told her I'd be back in exactly 3 weeks!

Allen took Lexi to the park while I was getting spoiled so she was happy when I got home which was another bonus. They had played hard so she took a great nap and we all put our feet up this afternoon. What a great day! Thanks, Allen!

1 comment:

twinzmama said...

You lucky girl, I love massages and it's been awhile since I had one. Hope you feel tons better! It was probably nice to be by yourself for a while too, huh!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.