1.07.2011

Bad Hair Day

Today, where I live, the humidity is 90%. NINETY.

In New Mexico, it's arrid and dry. Humidity? Like, 25%.

You're probably wondering why this even matters.

I have naturally curly hair.

Suddenly, this all makes sense, doesn't it?

Humidity = bad for curly hair.

Arrid, dry = awesome hair.

New Mexico hair = every day is a good hair day.

California hair = a hot mess.

In case you're not quite sure what this all boils down to, here's some visuals:


New Mexico

California
New Mexico
California
New Mexico
California

7 comments:

Ryan Mellisa said...

I have some product suggestions, as we have insanley humid summers here! After 5 years, I finally figured out what to use. Samy Mousse - the yellow one (I buy it at RiteAid), Samy aerosol spray - the orange one for hold and Aussie Scrunch hairspray for frizz. The Aussie spray has a bit of oil in it, so don't spray on the top of your head. Spray on hand then wipe where needed on top. I promise this will help for much happier hair days! =)

ailinh said...

Oh, what a great post! I am kind of the opposite with my hair though. I grew up in Minnesota where it was mostly humid, so it was perrrrfect for my straight here. Dry climate? Not so much. I'm on the frizzy side there.

Unknown said...

Humidity is bad for my fine hair too...make is limp and dull.
Found you on MMB.

Morgan Hagey said...

As a curly-haired girl myself, I hear ya! It's NO bueno!

mormonhermitmom said...

As one having naturally curly hair - AMEN!
Over from MMB

AmyShane said...

FREAKIN HILARIOUS.

Anne said...

Thanks for the laugh! :)
(from MMB)

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.