2.19.2009

Whatta Load Of...

laundry!!!

That's right. Our new washer and dryer came today. I went straight for the tough stuff and shoved my king-sized down-alternative comforter (say that 5 times fast) into the washer and went for it.

I'd love to say it washed it with no problems, but alas, even the miracle of the front loader with ginormous capacity had a little bit of a struggle with the fake feathers. You see, these new fangled things are too smart for their own good. If the load is off balance, it re-sets the cycle every time - up to 15 times. The washer adds 3 minutes each time it does this, too. I kept going in the laundry room to check on the progress of things only to find the countdown at 29. It was there for, like, an hour. So, I made it drain & spin manually so we could just move on. I'm wondering if any washer can tackle that blasted bedding.

Otherwise, it has done a bang up job. Clean clothes. Less detergent. Much drier after the wash cycle. And, uber (yes, I'm stealing yet another word from a fellow blogger) quiet. The best part? The washing machine does not try to walk out while it's on the job. Yahoo!

4 comments:

Poetry of Life said...

I'm so jealous! I told Brent we when finally buy a house, front loading washer and dryer with the bottom stands, have to be on the list. I'll stay in my trailer an extra couple of months for them! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

To answer your question...my old used washer can wash the our down comforters (we have 2) with no problem. I just have to spin them a couple of times before I dry them! Now I could use a new dryer....that thing is just too old! Congrats on the new set though, I am still jealous! :-)

Queen "B" said...

You G Girlz,
nothing like o good pair of front loaders!!! to set you right
love ya Brandi

Queen "B" said...

You go Girlz, that is when you know you are married, when a great pair of front loaders set u right!!
congrats, love ya
QueenB

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.