10.29.2009

Get Out the Knives

It's pumpkin carving time!

This year, we wondered if Lexi would dig in and help with the carving process. At this point, things are looking hopeful.

Um, not lookin' so hopeful here.

Allen tries asking her to help him out. Notice the fear. The poor thing is near tears at this point.

Wait! Is she going to go for it?!?

Nope, no go. Things just went down hill from here.

Yuck! It's too sticky!

I QUIT!

Ok, fine. I'll watch.

During the pumpkin drama, I made some caramel apples.

Hmmm. Not much apple and a whole lotta caramel eatin' is what I think happened here.

Even with the rough patches, we managed to walk away with a few decent jack-o-lanterns.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traci- you know it is funny....Ashkon was the same way with carving pumpkins. He thinks it is gross and he did not want to touch the pumpkin goo. He screamed when he thought that some might have gotten on him. I wish I had taken a photo, but my hands were orange by that point.
Lexi is getting more and more adorable!!!

Unknown said...

I guess you never get past the "yucky, sticky" stuff until you're an adult and you have to be strong for the kids! Great jack-o-lanterns! I'm going to make some carmel apples--they look good!

Poetry of Life said...

Way to go! We didn't even take the kids to the pumpkin patch this year! We're so lame...Cool Jack-o-lanterns!

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.