5.10.2009

Mothers' Day '09

For those of you who want to know what it's really like to be a mom, here you go:

2:30 a.m. - Wake up with screaming, incoherent Lexi. Give meds to help with leg cramps. Sleep on couch; have nightmares; wake up crying at least once.
4:30 a.m. - Get up with crying Addie. Soothe.
6:30 a.m. - Get up again with crying Addie who is now awake for the day. Give medicine.Eat a bagel for breakfast. No, I didn't eat it in bed.
9 a.m. - Strip Lexi's bed that is wet and do laundry.
1:30 p.m. - Try to lay down for quiet time. Addie is crying during what is supposed to be her nap. Lexi is playing instruments in her room for "quiet time". I close my bedroom door.
1:45 p.m. - Dog barking at door. Someone lets him. He barges in my room and slams the door open.
2:00 p.m. - Inform Lexi that instruments are not part of quiet time. Request she takes a nap. Addie is still crying. Give medicine. Attempt to relax again; close bedroom door again.
2:30 p.m. - Someone lets Mia in the house. She comes in and bangs the door open. Addie is still crying.
2:45 p.m. - Give up trying to have any "me" time. See that Lexi has not gone to sleep and give up on her "quiet time". Get ready to feed Addie.
4:00 p.m. - Start dinner, cook dinner.
5:30 p.m. - Serve dinner; open up Mothers' Day card.
6:45 p.m. - Do dishes.
7:30 p.m. - Allen leaves for work.

Happy Mothers' Day to me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Geez, Traci...it seems everyone I talked to today had a tough night and sick kids. Sorry you didn't get a break. Hopefully, better M. Days are down the road! :)

Riddlez said...

Yeah, well, the bummer thing is that life doesn't know it's mothers' day, you know? It just keeps doing its thing - good or bad. Better luck next time, right?

Queen "B" said...

Hey kiddo,
well I too had a memorable day, my 2 oldest gave me cards that I had made myself?? niiiiiiiice. wow, maybe it was better when they couldn't talk?

Anonymous said...

Well, I can't say mothers day has ever been absolutely fantastic. There is always something that has irritated me or gone wrong. You cry when they are little because you are exhausted, then you cry when they are grown because they aren't around enough...Good gracious! Even on mothers day you can't win! Get used to it......

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.