5.08.2008

Hanging out



Not too much out of the ordinary has been going on at our place. Today, we were playing inside (the winds are 40-60 mph and have been for about the last 3 weeks so we've been trapped indoors in the afternoons) and Lexi asked to wear a coat and hat with her new shoes. So, I took some pics of the kid being, well, a total kid.

I've been giving 6 lessons a week for the last month and will for the next month. Lexi is still playing at a friend's house for 3-4 hours on those days. She seems to have a really good time there and is exhausted when she gets home. The last 5 days she's slept 12 hours at night AND taken a 3-4 hour nap! I'm sure this will soon end, but it's been lots of down time for me!

This week, I've had church meetings or committments every night. Girls' camp is 3 weeks away and requiring a lot of time and planning. I'll be really glad when that event is over. Allen has dedicated this weekend to wrapping up the paddocks which means that something will come up and thwart his efforts. After this weekend, it's time to put up the playground. The awful winds should be dying down and I'm sure we'll spend lots of time out there this summer.

Lexi has started saying, "Thank you". I was changing a dirty diaper and she actually said, "Thank you mommy". Allen says when the kid can show thanks for your wiping her behind she should be more than ready to potty train. If only!

3 comments:

twinzmama said...

I cannot believe how big she has gotten in just a couple of months! She is so dang cute, I'm glad she has finally started being so polite. I'm glad she has so much fun with her friend, too bad she didn't have that much fun with me (ha,ha)!

Unknown said...

Ok, this kid is just too cute! The wind can kind of get old! Can't wait to come see my "polite" granddaughter again! :)

Brent Riddle said...

She's adorable. I can totally see the 16 year old though in these shots. You'll have your hands full! Give yourself some time to enjoy your polite, cute child before you rock your world and hers with potty training. We always did the girls at 2 1/2 and they seemed to catch on quicker because they were older. I'm not sure Ben will ever get there, but we are hopeful. - Laura

About Me

My photo
What started as a way to communicate with far away friends and family has become a place for this horse trainer/HR manager turned stay at home mom of 3 girls to hold on to a bit of her own identity. It's my take on the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the thoughts and feelings, the mistakes and triumphs of this family as we bumble our way to eternity.